Thursday 30 June 2016

Secondary Research

Secondary Research 

The above news articles from the Easton Daily Press are about Gorleston, most of which include different element of valuable history about the local area.
This project is about making people aware of the potential their hometown has, this is a similar aim to how I want to direct my own documentary. Opening people’s eyes to what is in front of them is important and lots more people should get involved.
This projects is about acknowledging normal people (meaning those who aren’t famous) doing extraordinary things to help others, not for profit but out of the kindness of their hearts. The stories are shot in an expository documentary style with beautiful shots throughout of different aspects of the person’s life.

Filming in Public

Filming in public requires permission from the local authority or council, whereas if filming was to take place on someone’s land/property permission from the owner would need to be given. However, to show the outside of a place (including a company name) along with passers-by permission is not required.
If during filming any firearms, replica firearms, explosives, police officer uniforms, police vehicles permission from the local police is required. It is also required by the police and the Highways Department of the local authority if any filming is to take place on a public road.

Libel and Defamation

“Defamation is an area of law that provides a civil remedy when someone’s words end up causing harm to your reputation or your livelihood. Libel is a written or published defamatory statement.” (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/defamation-slander-libel)
I do not think I need to consider libel or defamation when producing my documentary as my documentary I have proposed is about showing people who don’t particularly like Gorleston that it’s a beautiful place. However, if I was making a more controversial documentary then I may have to consider libel or defamation.

Ofcom Broadcasting Code

In making my documentary I believe that I am not risking infringement (“an act that disregards an agreement or a right” - https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/infringement) of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code as it will not include any offensive/abuse content of any sort, anyone involved will be given a talent release form to sign (for minors their parents will be given the form), e.c.t. I plan for my documentary to only be about showing beauty in the local area, nothing else therefore there is no risk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment