Thursday 30 June 2016

Mindmap and Proposal


I would like to make a documentary about Gorleston; more specifically what makes Gorleston a beautiful place.
It would be in the reflexive documentary style as it would be more about showing rather than telling and I feel this style is the best for this. I can focus more on what the shot includes rather than who’s in it talking about what and when.
The documentary would be aimed at people aged 16 to 24 and fit into the A - C1 as well and E demographic. The target audience would also fit into the explorer psychographic. By producing this documentary I aim to change the minds of people who don’t like it here in Gorleston; show them that it’s actually a beautiful place to be and that they only need to open their eyes to see what’s in front of them.
As the documentary is based on Gorleston I will only need to film in Gorleston therefore I won’t need any transport.
I would like to use my dog and siblings in the documentary but I won’t actually need any crew as I will only be using one camera and won’t be recording any sound.
I’d like to use 50mm 1.8 prime lens to film my whole documentary as I will be able to capture more artistic shots with a sharper quality. I will not need to buy any equipment as I can borrow the lens from the college’s AV room.
The only prop I would need to buy would be some chips and nuggets from the cafĂ© at the beach to show the local foods. This will only cost a few pounds so I would propose a budget of £5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment