Monday 14 December 2015

Production Diary

12/11/2015: 
We filmed the Valentine’s meal scene at Freya’s grandparent’s house today. While I was filming I thought the best way to get a natural unforced feeling to come across to the camera was to let Freya and Billy just chat and eat and not tell them when I had pressed record. They didn’t really like this as they didn’t know if they could look at the camera but I thought it helped make the scene easier to film as they didn’t get too nervous and have to re-film the shot because they weren’t sure if they were being filmed yet.
I felt as though the actual filming too less time than I’d expected it to. We spent about an hour and a half but I thought we’d need longer.
13/11/2015:
We filmed two scenes at Billy’s parent’s house today. The first scene we filmed was the New Year’s Eve party scene. To try and recreate the typical lighting you would have at a party we turned the lights off and I stood with the torch on my phone shining on Freya and Billy or the clock. Due to myself not adjusting the ISO to compensate for not having natural lighting the final clips have a bit of blurriness to them. As I reviewed the clips after I had gone home I didn’t have time to re-film the clips with a more suitable ISO. Next time I film I think I might review the clips while I am still at the location so I can re-film anything if needed.
We also filmed Karma’s Birthday scene. This scene didn’t take very long as I (again) didn’t tell Freya and Billy when I had pressed record.
15/11/2015
We filmed the dog walking scene in a forest in Acle. This scene only took a while to get the shots right as Smudge (the dog) isn’t a trained acting dog therefore took a bit of time to get him to do what we wanted him to. Closer to the end of the filming session the camera started to die so we had to speed up getting the shots we wanted, however I don’t think this effected the final outcome of this scene.
16/11/2015
Today, we filmed the coffee date scene. This filming session had to be hurried as I’d forgotten to charge the camera and it was flashing low battery at me. I don’t think that having to film quickly effected the final clips, however I would have preferred to have had more time. Next time I think I might charge the camera after every filming session if I use my own one again.
20/11/2015
We filmed two scene at college. This was actually the first filming session that Max was able to stay for which I thought was quite nice as we got to work as a complete group instead of just parts of the group.
While filming Issac’s birthday scene (we had planned to screen record a Skype call) we learnt that we could not get on Skype on the college Wi-Fi. So, Max thought of the idea to film Freya speaking to the webcam on the laptop then Billy speaking to the webcam and during the editing we put them together.
We also filmed the moving in together scene. The room that we used had stairs leading straight up to the door, like an actually apartment building, so we decided to film going up the stairs as a POV shot.

22/11/2015
Today, I sat up in my bedroom and took 413 pictures of a calendar. I thought that I’d actually get really, really bored and hate doing it. However, I quite liked it and feel like the roughly four and a half hours doing the same thing over and over again actually paid off and was worth it so that the film had an extra element (of stop motion animation) to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment