Sunday 24 April 2016

Evaluation

Section 1:
The brief we were given was to take one of Unilever’s current products and rebrand it through an advert. My group decided to rebrand the classic magnum ice cream and we developed our ideas together as our ideas from the Prezi presentations were very similar ideas for two of us in the group.
The current demographic for Magnum Ice Cream is women aged between 18 and 28 with a high income fitting into the A, B or C1 demographic. As both of our original ideas were aimed at an E demographic aged 65 and older it just made sense to keep this idea when merging our ideas together.


Section 2:
The message of the advert was to show older people that the much loved ice cream is a piece of nostalgia on a stick and I think we did this successfully but using the effect of the clips and the montage of the old man watching the memory.
In most if not all of the official Magnum advert they have quick cuts throughout clips which work successfully for the feel of the advert, so in the editing this was applied to try and make it look like an authentic Magnum advert. There are also slow fades between some of the clips and photos to add a reminiscent feel to the final piece and this should appeal to the desired older target audience. We used a royalty free song from www.bensound.com, this song was chosen as it doesn’t sound rushed or too slow it works well with the original idea we had for our advert. At the end of the advert we had a voice over of the old man who starred in it saying the slogan of “taking you back to the good ole days”. To start with we had both the younger and older men in the advert saying the line at the same time but when we watch it back all together it didn’t flow right with or sound partially nice so we decided it would be best to just have the old man in the voice-over.
I think that the advert successfully appeals to the target audience through the specific shots. Everyone wishes for a love that lasts forever and I think that the advert appeals to those older people who are lucky enough to have had this and remembers the “good ole days” of the past when they first met the love of their life.
I don’t think that the advert looks very professional however I do think that it complies with advertising regulations. For example it doesn’t undermine national dietary improvements or use any offensive language/racism of any kind. (BCAP code).

Section 3:
Our advert stuck to the shot list and storyboards pretty strictly, most of the shots are exactly the same. I feel that the final advert does reflect and appeals to our desired target audience for the rebrand.

I’m not as satisfied as I’d like to be with the final advert as I’d like to be and I feel like this is because I felt quite rushed throughout the whole project and I also personally don’t feel as though I contributed as much as I should have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment